Even though Lenny is still rehabbing from his neck injury, he's set to rock out at tonight's Hot Stove/Cool Music show. The Herald has a good article about his musical tastes...turns out he's not the Arroyo-Lite that folks seem to think...he's more Spoon-lite, perhaps
DiNardo, who’s spent most of this season on the injured list, will be the first to tell you that, musically, he’s no Arroyo.
“I thought Bronson was great,” DiNardo said by phone last week. “He’s really into it. It takes a lot of salt to get up onstage and perform. I wish I had the talent.”
Unlike Arroyo, whose taste seems to have stalled in the grunge era, DiNardo favors less commercial and infinitely more hip worlds of indie and college rock.
“Bronson’s a little more interested in contemporary hard rock,” DiNardo said. “That’s where our tastes diverge. To be completely honest, I don’t listen to the radio. I don’t think there’s anything good there.”
Several years ago (2003), the highlight of my spring was the preseason hot stove/cool music concert, where I inexplicably had a VIP pass...I was rather intoxicated, hanging with Damon, Wake, Theo...and by hanging...I mean making them uncomfortable --
- Asking Theo where he picked up girls, because "people think I look like you" (he told me he had a girlfriend and didn't get out that often...of course that didn't stop me from asking him several more times);
- Telling Casey Fossum that he was "DEFINITELY going to be the #5 starter this year" at least six separate times;
- Welcoming Todd Walker to Boston (he had just been signed) and being unable to help him lose one of the two girls following him around (they wanted NOTHING to do with me, but Walker was a cool guy and tried to keep me in the conversation);
- High-fiving Gammons (and I think Rich Eisen) as I was leaving the bathroom;
- Interrupting Theo on the phone (he was negotiating the release of Millar from that japanese contract) to tell him "we [were] all going next door to sing karaoke at T's pub";
- Oh yeah...actually believing that everyone (wake, fossum, arroyo, gammons) was coming with me to sing karaoke at T's Pub (they said they were coming).
Hot Stove/Cool Music will always bring back fond memories.
(Yo. Click the Beavis & Butthead picture above...)